Need Help?

A lawyer is a person who practices law, as an advocate, barrister, attorney, counselor or solicitor or chartered legal executive. Working as a lawyer involves the practical application of abstract legal theories and knowledge to solve specific problems.


De Jure Legal Services

Legal advice is the application of abstract principles of law to the concrete facts of the client’s case in order to advise the client about what they should do next. In many countries, only a properly licensed lawyer may provide legal advice to clients for good consideration, even if no lawsuit is contemplated or is in progress. Therefore, even conveyancers and corporate in-house counsel must first get a license to practice, though they may actually spend very little of their careers in court. Failure to obey such a rule is the crime of unauthorized practice of law.

Hire a lawyer immediately when you have been charged by the police, do not say anything in front of them, it might be harmful for you if you say anything and can be used against you. You could turn out being your own worst witness. If you hire a lawyer early, it could help you and also can affect the case. You could use the quality of defense strategies and you can achieve bail, criminal charges can also be laid, or a release pending the completion of the case against you. Once you set the sail on a particular legal defense, it can be impossible to change. If you held in custody, there will be no way for you to assist your solicitor in collecting the proofs and to prove that you are innocent. In that case it will not take as much time to discover.

In other countries, jurists who hold law degrees are allowed to provide legal advice to individuals or to corporations, and it is irrelevant if they lack a license and cannot appear in court. Some countries go further; in England and Wales, there is no general prohibition on the giving of legal advice. Sometimes civil law notaries are allowed to give legal advice, as in Belgium.

Need a Lawyer? Let Us Help You

One of the most common types of private lawsuits alleging civil rights violations results from improper conduct by law enforcement. Victims can bring claims based on excessive force or brutality, illegal searches and seizures, false arrests, malicious prosecutions, unjustified police shootings, and other abuses of power. Lawsuits against the police can be directed toward the individual officers involved in the incident.

We have a lot of training and certification as a lawyer!

In many countries, only a properly licensed lawyer may provide legal advice to clients for good consideration, even if no lawsuit is contemplated or is in progress.

In order to start a divorce, you must have been married for a minimum of one year. A divorce petition must be prepared and submitted to the court following which the other party will then receive an acknowledgement form. You may then proceed to the Decree Nisi stage, which is the interim divorce order.

You may then apply for a Decree absolute, which is the final divorce order, six weeks and one day following the Decree Nisi. In some circumstances the application for Decree Absolute can be expediated.

Extra vigilance will be required where the case has an international element to the divorce. This is because there is a possibility that the divorce proceedings may be started in more than one country, however the financial outcomes may differ between countries.

It is often advisable to seek legal advice and discuss your concerns. Family law proceedings generally could be quiet stressful and it is likely you become emotional. It can be gravely difficult to act as a litigant in person and represent yourself, but this is possible.

It is vital that you find a family law solicitor who is a specialist in the area of family law and someone that you are always able to get in contact with. Further, it is essential that you are comfortable working with your solicitor as your case may take a number of months to resolve and you should be able to work together as a team.

A family lawyer is there to guide and advise you through a difficult period time and to work with you to find a solution to your problems. Where court proceedings are essential, this also involves actively dealing with your case to ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome.

Costs are an ordinary concern, and it is vital to keep the costs proportionate with what is at stake. However, it is not wise to save in legal costs as it may lead you to concede or overlook critical points, that causes you to lose more. You solicitor should help you keep your costs in check because they should explain the costs to you moving forward and explain what work you can do yourself to help you save on costs.

Straightforward uncontested divorce can take between 4 to 6 months to complete. This is predominantly due to the Court’s turnaround times and parties responsiveness.

If the issues involve children and finance, it may take longer depending on the parties willingness to amicable resolution. Dealing with contested proceedings can take anything between 6-12 months.

It is always a good idea to seek the advice of a family law specialist to ensure that the process is completed in correct manner and that you are fully aware of the financial implications involved.

Every case differs thus a 50/50 split is not always appropriate. It is extremely important to consider what is in the matrimonial pot, to check the assets and the income that has been disclosed and whether the valuations of assets are correct.

When considered the financial issues, the Court will be guided by a number of factors and it is important that specialist legal advice is sought to consider these points in order for the financial outcome to be fair and reasonable. These factors include:

  • Welfare of minor children
  • Financial need, obligations, and responsibilities
  • Income, earning capacity, assets, and financial resources
  • Current standard of living
  • Age of each party
  • Length of the marriage
  • Health of each party
  • Financial and non-financial contributions of each party
  • Conduct of each party
  • Loss of certain rights

We are happy to provide you with detailed legal advice as to your options in relation to the division of matrimonial assets.

It is important to carefully discuss and consider the living arrangements for the children on the parent’s separation. In majority of cases the parents are able to mutually reach an agreement regarding what time the children will spend with each of them. This may not be easy or what you would prefer, however the children have a right to see their parents and spend time with both parents.

Where parents are unable to reach an agreement, the Court can assist. This may be by way of a residence order and/or a contact order. There may even be a shared residence order in some cases. A judge may choose to appoint a welfare officer to prepare a report which will assist the Court in reaching a decision. The welfare of the children is paramount, and the Court will endeavour to come to a decision which is in the best interest of the child.

If you wish to book a consultation you may contact us on 0208 719 0101 or alternatively you may email us on info@fisherwright.com

We offer two forms of consultations:

The first is an initial 15 minute consultation which is free of charge, during which you may explain your matter and the solicitor will confirm whether they may be able to assist you and they will aim to give you an estimate of costs.

Alternatively, you may opt for our 1 hour consultation which is charged at an introductory price of £100 plus VAT. During this consultation, you will have the opportunity to ask you questions and seek advice from one of our specialist solicitors.

If you decide that you are ready to proceed with your instructions to us, all our initials and engagement letter is sent out to you via DocuSign for your signatures. Majority of our communication is done via emails and telephone/ Zoom consultations which makes the instructions process simple and in case of any queries our staff is always happy to help.

Got Questions? Leave a Message and Get Qualified Help

Got Questions? Leave a Message and Get Qualified Help

[ult_buttons btn_title=”Contact Us” btn_link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fde-jure.cmsmasters.net%2Fcontact-us%2F|||” btn_align=”ubtn-center” btn_size=”ubtn-custom” btn_width=”165″ btn_height=”42″ btn_title_color=”#ffffff” btn_bg_color=”#c93126″ btn_bg_color_hover=”#a72319″ btn_title_color_hover=”#ffffff” icon=”Theme-Default-Icons-arrow-big-right” icon_size=”18″ icon_color=”#ffffff” btn_icon_pos=”ubtn-sep-icon-at-right” btn_border_style=”solid” btn_border_size=”0″ btn_radius=”50″ btn_font_size=”desktop:12px;” css_adv_btn=”.vc_custom_1506612267883{margin-right: 20px !important;}”]